Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
I clipped this out of a magazine years ago & have used it over & over with great reviews from DH. Hope you like it too.
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless sirloin, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 green pepper, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- Combine soy sauce,water & cornstarch; set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok over high heat, stir fry half the beef in 1 T. oil until brown.
- Remove & repeat with remaining beef adding more oil as needed.
- Remove & keep warm.
- Add onions,celery & bell pepper & stir fry until crisp tender, about 3 minutes Return beef to skillet. Stir soy sauce mixture & add to skillet, cook & stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thick & bubbly.
- Add tomatoes. Heat through.
- Serve over rice.
This was very good. The soy sauce flavor added to the sirloin is perfect. Instead of celery, green pepper and tomatoes, I used a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables.
Great! DH really loved it. I added sesame oil to the soy sauce and ginger to the beef. It was yummy!
I also give it great reviews and a wonderfully fast dinner that I can feed my big boys. Thank you. It make a sirloin go a long ways. Nurse Joanie ;0)