Kabobs are a little more work, but are so worth it. Great for company because everything can be prepared up to the grilling and you are good to go. Cooking time is according to how you like your steak done.
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- green pepper, cut into squares
- red pepper, cut into squares
- yellow pepper, cut into squares
- 1 small onion
- cherry tomatoes
- Mix together first nine ingredients for marinade.
- Add meat, stir to coat, then cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Alternate cubes of meat with pepper squares, small onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Place on charcoal grill, turning often until meat is done to your liking.
- Note: I like to blanch the onions and green peppers first before placing on the skewers.
Absolutely 5 star marinade. Easy and very good. Highly recommend! Thanks for the keeper recipe!
This marinade was easy to make and super delicious! I'll definitely be making these again. I only used sweet onion and yellow pepper on the kabobs and served with a cucumber salad and pasta. YUM!
Wow! Made this for dinner last night, took to a get together. Everyone raved over them. Marinade was simple to make, and the flavor was amazing! I was worried that it would taste too much like BBQ because of the ketchup, but it was nothing like that. The meat had a wonderful flavor, and TENDER! I didn't use sirloin steaks, but a top sirloin roast that I got on sale. I used a plastic bag to marinate the meat in for easy clean-up. I would only recommend making a second batch of the marinade just for basting purposes (my potatoes dried out). VERY GOOD recipe! Will use again and again! Thanks for sharing Marie!!