Marinated Sirloin Kabobs
photo by WhatamIgonnaeatnext
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage (like 7-up or Sprite)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2 lbs sirloin steaks, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, cut into eighths
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, caps only
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small pineapple, cut into 1 inch pieces
- Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large shallow bowl or ziplock bag. Add the beef cubes; cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, stirring or turning occasionally. Remove the beef cubes from the marinade, reserving the marinade.
- Thread the beef cubes, tomatoes, onion, mushroom caps, green pepper, red pepper, and pineapple onto the skewers, repeating the repetition.
- Grill, covered, over medium-hot coals for 10 to 12 minutes or to your desired level of doneness, turning and basting with the reserved marinade.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I wish I could give this recipe more than 5 stars. The marinade was easy to put together (I made as directed except I don't have sherry, so I added extra 7-UP) and it made the sirloin terrifically tender. Plus, the kids were DELIGHTED to see mom cooking with pop. While the steak was marinating, I chopped up the veggies and the pineapple and put into bowls and then everyone (me, husband and two kids) sat around the table and created our own kabobs, picking and choosing what we wanted. It was FUN. My daughter has already asked me if we can make kabobs again next Sunday. My son's favorite part of the kabob was the meat, my daughter's favorite part was the pineapple and my husband gushed over the mushrooms. I loved it ALL. We managed to grill the kabobs -- even as an unexpected Nebraska hailstorm blew through town -- and had a fantastic family dinner.
We loved these kabobs...the marinate was perfect...it created a nice and tender steak cubes...due to lack of space on the kabob skewers I ommited the onion and pineapple...but I bet the sweetness of the pineapple would be a great addition...I love the bursts of flavor the grilled cherry tomatoes had...I plan to keep this close by and make often...made for "Players Favorites" tag game...it's going into my best of 2021 cookbook...
Wow what a wonderful and unique marinade!!! I think this is my new favorite. Even my DH who rarely comments on food, said it smelled wonderful while grilling. I made this exactly as written for the marinade and went the lazy route, just cooked the sirloin steak whole and sliced up afterwards. I chose green pepper and onions to use on a kabob next to the meat on the grill, which I also basted with some of the marinade when first put on the grill. I served this with Recipe #385071 and a salad for a fantastic meal. Made for a huge "Thank You" to my wonderful PAC Mom!!!