Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a very rich chocolate sauce. Wonderful over ice cream, or anything really. Be warned - not for calorie counters.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place first 4 ingredients in the top of a double boiler and stir until melted.
- Cover and cook 45 minutes.
- Add cream, stir until blended, about 3 minutes.
- Sauce will become very smooth.
- Cook another 10 minutes.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Let cool before refrigeration.
Very good.My wife likes chocolate sauce no loves it. She sayes this is the best. I some times I put a tablespoon of instant coffee in it for a change. I will even eat this.