Chef mariajane's Note:
Pudding cakes are classic comfort food at its best - they're so easy to make and use ingredients that you have on hand so you can bake one up any time. Serve with fresh or frozen berries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Butter an 8-inch square glass baking dish.
- 2SAUCE: Transfer 1 tablespoons milk to a small bowl. Heat remaining milk and sugar for 2-3 minutes or until steaming in a glass measuring cup in a microwave on medium(50%) power or in saucepan over medium heat on stove-top. Add cornstarch and vanilla to reserved milk; drizzle into hot milk mixture, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Set aside.
- 3CAKE: In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together egg, milk, butter and vanilla. Pour over dry ingedients and stir just until moistened. Spread into prepared baking dish. Gently pour warm milk mixture over cake batter without stirring.
- 4Bake for about 30 minutes or until tester inserted in center of cake layer comes out clean. Let cool at least 15 minutes. Serve hot or warm. Dust with icing sugar (if using).
- 5Scoop cake into serving bowl and spoon pudding sauce over top.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply Lovely Vanilla Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.7
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 59.0 mg
- Sodium 392.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g