Simple Cake Filling
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding or (3 1/2 ounce) box chocolate instant pudding
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 pint heavy cream (1/2 pt is equal to 1 cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together until thick. Place in refrigerator until it sets. Spread filling on cake & layer. *Note, cake MUST be completely cooled*.
- You can also put sliced peaches or bananas on top of filling before sealing with the cake. This filling makes cakes so tasty! Be sure to use imagination with pudding & cake flavors and enjoy! Just Remember, this filling is milk and heavy cream based so you must keep cool and/or refrigerated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is my go-to filling, it is simply amazing, so tasty, and so quickly and easily made. It always turns out awesome, it has just right consistency to be able to spread it easily and not have it bleed on the sides of the cake. I read that someone couldn't get it thick after whipping for a long time, and they mentioned that the pudding box asked for heating the milk. What you had probably wasn't instant pudding, which is asked for in this recipe. Instant pudding doesn't require the milk to be boiled/heated, and is quickly and easily made with cold milk. Hope that helps. Thank you, D. Rose, for sharing this awesome and simple recipe! :)