Persimmon Pudding Cake
photo by Olga Botnar
- Ready In:
- 2 cups persimmon pulp (very ripe Hachiya)
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1/4 pound or one stick)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- lightly sweetened whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F and lightly grease an 8" square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix the persimmon pulp, eggs, butter, milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, a third at a time, fully incorporating after each addition.
- Add the chopped nuts.
- Bake until done (about 45 minutes).
- To serve, top with a dollop of whipped cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!