Heart Healthy Persimmon Pudding
- Ready In:
- 1 cup self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup persimmon pulp, about 3-4 persimmons
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3⁄4 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Spray a 9x9 pan with cooking spray (I use butter flavored Pam) and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together self rising flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves; set aside.
- Peel persimmons and press pulp through coarse sieve. Should measure 1 cups persimmon puree.
- Blend together persimmon puree, Splenda sugar blend, eggbeaters, vanilla and milk.
- Pour blended persimmon puree into flour mixture and stir just till mixed (over mixing will ruin your pudding).
- Fold in walnuts and raisins.
- Pour into waiting 9x9 pan and bake 35-45 minutes or till tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean and top is nicely browned.
- Cool at least 30 - 45 minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!