Recipe by mrfuzzyducky
This is a teriyaki recipe my sister sent me. I am posting this because I am notorious for losing recipes. If you can find mirin that contains alcohol it would be better to use.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mirin (if you can't find, use 3oz saki mixed with 1oz sugar)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine soy sauce, mirin, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil of medium to medium high heat stirring occasionally.
- When boiling reduce heat to low and simmer 2 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Store teriyaki in the fridge.
- You can adjust the sugar to suit your taste or add garlic or ginger while cooking to alter the flavor. Strain out garlic or ginger before storing.