- 1 (356 g) cancooked canned chicken, in broth (reserve broth)
- 2 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple tidbits (fresh is best)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in two
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, whole
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons reserved chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mint, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the chicken well, reserve 2 tablespoons broth, discard the remainder, and break up the chicken pieces.
- Into a large bowl tear lettuce to bite sized pieces; add the pineapple, red onion, sliced cherry tomatoes and chopped pecans.
- Cover and chill well; 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the 5 dressing ingredients cover, refrigerate and chill well.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad and mix gently.
- Place whole cherry tomatoes and pecan halves around the perimeter of the salad bowl.
- Serve well chilled.