Asian-Inspired Cucumber Salad
Sliced cucumbers tossed with rice-wine vinegar make for a refreshing and simple summer salad. From EatingWell: The EatingWell Healthy in a Hurry Cookbook (2006)
- Ready In:
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cucumbers and toss to coat.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Dietary Exchanges: 1 vegetable (1/2 Carbohydrate Serving).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 6 more