Recipe by FlemishMinx
Not only simple to prepare, but delicious as well. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Top Review by Lola59
My whole family loved this! I added 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon to the topping mixture and baked it for about 5 minutes longer than suggested. We ate it with whipped cream on top. It was delicious!
- 4 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, in cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sliced strawberries evenly in an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the egg, and mix (a fork works best) till crumbly and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spread this over the berries.
- Dot with the butter cubes.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden and the berries are bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.