Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not only simple to prepare, but delicious as well. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- 4 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, in cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sliced strawberries evenly in an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the egg, and mix (a fork works best) till crumbly and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spread this over the berries.
- Dot with the butter cubes.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden and the berries are bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.
My whole family loved this! I added 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon to the topping mixture and baked it for about 5 minutes longer than suggested. We ate it with whipped cream on top. It was delicious!
This was so easy to prepare. I added a pinch of Allspice to the dry ingredients. My husband loved it. Served with a scoop of Vanilla bean ice cream. I will keep this in my favorites for future times. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
We liked this, but something was kinda missing for me, and I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it was the consistency. The kids LOVED IT, I just liked it. Might try again without strawberries, and use peaches or raspberries.