Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Not only simple to prepare, but delicious as well. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream, if desired.
- 4 cups strawberries, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, in cubes
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Spread the sliced strawberries evenly in an 8 or 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Add the egg, and mix (a fork works best) till crumbly and the dry ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Spread this over the berries.
- Dot with the butter cubes.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until the top is golden and the berries are bubbling.
- Cool slightly before serving.
My whole family loved this! I added 1/4 tsp. of cinnamon to the topping mixture and baked it for about 5 minutes longer than suggested. We ate it with whipped cream on top. It was delicious!
Excellent! Devery, my son thanks you once again for a wonderful dessert! Great crunchy topping, the berries stay slightly tart. I thought the texture was much better than with other strawberry cobbler recipes I've tried since no other liquid or sweetener is added with the berries. Super easy and delicious with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Thanks once again!!
Tastes great served with vanilla ice cream! The strawberries became a bit runny and it was messy when serving, but still had great flavor. Next time I might add some cornstarch.