Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Learned how to make it from my mother in law, it was a family favorite and still is. Its quick and easy more flavorful than jarred sauce.
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) box spaghetti noodles
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb hamburger meat
- On medium heat melt the butter and sautee the onion and bell peppers.
- Add the hamburger meat and cook until meat is well done.
- Add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder can be adjusted to your own tastes.
- Cook noodles as directed.
- Mix the sauce and noodles if you like, I keep them separated.
I realized, too late, that recipe should say 1 TEASPOON of salt and pepper, not 1 tablespoon as written. I was halving the recipe and used 1/2 tablespoon of salt. It was very salty, but my family still ate it. I will make it next time with only 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
OMG!!!! This was delicious and extremely quick. I've made many versions of spaghetti but for 30 min and under, this is THE winner. My kids, 9 and 7 both agree that this was yummy. Thanks for the recipe.
All I can say about you'r recipe is... Yummmmy. I loved it. Thanks for posting holders1121.