Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Not a lot of ingredients and super easy to throw together. I'm sure this won't replace my regular lasagna recipe, but it would be great for busy days. Adapted from Betty Crocker.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (or substitute ground beef or pork)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.).
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.