Prep 25 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Not a lot of ingredients and super easy to throw together. I'm sure this won't replace my regular lasagna recipe, but it would be great for busy days. Adapted from Betty Crocker.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (or substitute ground beef or pork)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 15 uncooked lasagna noodles
- Cook sausage and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomato sauce, basil and salt.
- Mix 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese and the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses. (Refrigerate remaining mozzarella cheese while lasagna cooks.).
- Spoon one-fourth of the sausage mixture into 6-quart slow cooker; top with 5 noodles, broken into pieces to fit. Spread with half of the cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with 5 noodles, remaining cheese mixture and one-fourth of the sausage mixture. Top with remaining 5 noodles and remaining sausage mixture.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until noodles are tender.
- Sprinkle top of lasagna with remaining 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Cover and let stand about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into pieces.
Easy to put together and very tasty. The noodles do come out with a slightly different texture that if they had been boiled and then baked in the oven, but the taste is great. We actually made this a sausage lasagna by using some kielbasa.
This was my 1st attempt at lasagna...and we LOVED IT!!! I made a few modifications: I added garlic powder & oregano, and about 6 oz of prego mushroom sauce to the sauce in this recipe. Next time I make it I'm going to add more garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, more mozarella, and I'm going to add more sauce. It's a keeper!!!