Spicy Turkey Lasagna for the Crock Pot
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You'll need an oval 5 1/2 quart crock pot for this. Adjust the red pepper flakes according to your taste.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 45mins
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked, broken in half
- 1 (26 ounce) jar chunky garden combination pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown turkey, breaking up clumps, until no longer pink.
- Add oregano, salt and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl mix the ricotta, cheese blend and spinach.
- In crock pot, layer half the noodles, overlap as necessary.
- Spoon on half the meat mixture and cover with half the sauce and half the water.
- Spread half the cheese blend on top.
- Repeat layering.
- Cook on low heat about 4 1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
excellent recipe! i didn't prepare ahead or i would have made this in the crock pot so i ended up making it the traditional way in the oven for dinner. i did add some chopped bell pepper, chili powder, garlic, cumin, and cumin powder to the turkey. I also used shredded cooked turkey that i had leftover instead of ground. I actually liked it better with the shredded meat instead of ground. Also, instead of mixing in the shredded cheese with the spinach-ricotta mixture i just sprinkled it on top as its own layer. Thanks so much for a wonderful base recipe!Reply