1/3 Photos of Simple Rotini Macaroni Salad
I love macaroni salad. I'm always changing it up. But I made this one with the few ingredients I had on hand. Sometimes simple is better ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) box rotini smart taste pasta (Or any short cut pasta)
- 1 1/4 cups good quality mayonnaise
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can peas and carrots, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 parsley, chopped
- 1Make Dressing:.
- 2In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, onion, sugar, and salt and pepper. Mix to combine, set aside. Note: You can do this in advance and refrigerate.
- 3Bring large Pot of salted water to boil for pasta, Cook pasta according to package directions (tender). Drain, and return to hot pot.
- 4To the pasta add the peas and carrots, dressing, mayonnaise, and any or all of the optional ingredients. Toss well to combine. Taste for seasoning, add more salt and/or pepper if needed.
- 5Transfer to serving bowl. Garnish with chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Rotini Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.3
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 188.7 mg
- Sodium 889.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 35.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: