1/1 Photo of Simple Potato & Egg Salad
A quick, simple and nutritious main-course salad. The dressing is made with a mixture of mayonnaise and yoghurt, so isn't as unhealthy as some! Having said that, there is quite a lot of sauce with the proportions given, so you may want to cut back on the quantities of both mayonnaise and yoghurt. By the way, I boil the potatoes in their skins, then remove only the loose bits of skin when I am mixing the salad. You can, of course, add whatever else you like to the salad, but this basic recipe is very satisfying and delicious in an uncomplicated sort of way :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups new potatoes, boiled and quartered (measured when cut)
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- 1/2 cup radish, sliced (measured when sliced)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup yoghurt
- 1 head lettuce, shredded (I use 4 Little Gem hearts instead of one larger lettuce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 1In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise and yoghurt with a little freshly-ground black pepper.
- 2Add the quartered new potatoes, and toss well.
- 3Roughly chop the eggs and add them to the potatoes with the sliced radishes.
- 4Turn gently to mix, then chill until ready to serve.
- 5When ready to serve, shred the lettuce and arrange it on one large serving plate or on four individual plates, then place the Potato and Egg Salad in the middle.
- 6Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and a little extra black pepper.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simple Potato & Egg Salad
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.5
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 221.9 mg
- Sodium 266.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: