Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick, simple and nutritious main-course salad. The dressing is made with a mixture of mayonnaise and yoghurt, so isn't as unhealthy as some! Having said that, there is quite a lot of sauce with the proportions given, so you may want to cut back on the quantities of both mayonnaise and yoghurt. By the way, I boil the potatoes in their skins, then remove only the loose bits of skin when I am mixing the salad. You can, of course, add whatever else you like to the salad, but this basic recipe is very satisfying and delicious in an uncomplicated sort of way :-)
- 3 cups new potatoes, boiled and quartered (measured when cut)
- 4 eggs, hard-boiled and shelled
- 1⁄2 cup radish, sliced (measured when sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2⁄3 cup yoghurt
- 1 head lettuce, shredded (I use 4 Little Gem hearts instead of one larger lettuce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the mayonnaise and yoghurt with a little freshly-ground black pepper.
- Add the quartered new potatoes, and toss well.
- Roughly chop the eggs and add them to the potatoes with the sliced radishes.
- Turn gently to mix, then chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, shred the lettuce and arrange it on one large serving plate or on four individual plates, then place the Potato and Egg Salad in the middle.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and a little extra black pepper.
A very tasty recipe that is quick and easy to make. I like the idea of mixing the mayo with yogurt, it tastes better and is much healthier.