Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
A yummy but simple ground beef and tater tot casserole...Can be put together earlier and refrigirated until ready to bake.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced (optional)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (28 ounce) package frozen tater tots
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9 x 13 pan.
- Crumble ground beef evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle the minced onion over the ground beef (if using-adds good flavor).
- Next sprinkle the salt and pepper.
- Gently spread the cream of mushroom soup using a spatula or back of a spoon evenly over the top.
- Arange the tater tots on top (neatly makes for a better looking and more evenly baked casserole).
- Put in oven uncovered and bake for75-85 minutes.
- Let rest 15 minutes before serving.
- Tastes pretty good with a squirt of ketchup on top!