Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From " Food and Drink" Magazine. This salad improves by being made in advance as the dressing softens the onions. Enjoy!
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 coriander leaves, coarsely chopped
- Put corn, onion, and jalapeno in a large bowl.
- Whisk together lime juice, cumin and coriander.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil and season to taste.
- Before serving, add coriander leaves and toss to mix.
- Serve cold.
I use bell pepper instead of the jalapeno pepper since I dont get that easily here. Love this salad, sometimes, its a light lunch for me:)
I loved this Salad. We made it last night because no one wanted to be slaving over a hot stove or oven. It was a hot night. This salad was very easy to make and was very refreshing. The coriander and lime juice really complimented the other ingredients. Such an easy not sweat recipe for those hot evenings. Even better because it is low fat. ;-) Yummo. Thanks Miraklegirl.