This is a good way to use up left over chicken.
Make and share this Simple Chicken Salad Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, cold
- 2 -3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon Season-All salt
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 tomato, sliced (optional)
- 4 -6 slices bread, lightly toasted
- Mix the chicken, miracle whip, mustard, & spices together in a food processor.
- Stir in the cheese then spread the mixture evenly on 2-3 slices of bread. Top with the tomato then with the remaining bread.
Yummy! This was so quick to prepare in the morning, which is normally very busy in our household. I had to make a little adjustment to suit what we have available in our region. I used smoked chicken (it was all I had at home), Norganic Golden Soya Mayonnaise (instead of miracle whip). Leave out the 'season all salt' (not in my region) and just use regular tasty cheese (instead of colby-monterey jack cheese). I made this for school lunch for Little Miss (DD) and work lunch for hubby but didn't toast the bread for them. I toasted the bread for late lunch for me and it really was what I needed after a busy morning. Thank you Nasseh for a lovely and easy recipe, will be making it again soon.
A very tasty and quick and great tasting lunch. Made using mayonnaise as we did not have miracle wip. All I can say is if you any left over chicken and need a quick lunch you should give this a try. Thanks so much for the post.