Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A simple chicken, rice, and bean burrito. Very quick and consistent recipe. Extremely hard to screw up, so it's a good one for even the worst of cooks!
- You can dice the chicken after it's cooked, but I prefer to do it before hand. cut each breast into 1/2 inch strips (estimated) and then each strip into small cubes. Cook them on a skillet in the oil.
- While the chicken cooks, warm up the beans in a small sauce pan, stir them constantly so they don't stick.
- Once the chicken is cooked thoroughly, pull it and the beans off of the stove. This should take about 15 minutes on Medium if the chicken is in cubes already, but it varies from stove to stove.
- If the tortillas you're using are homemade, skip this step, if they're store bought taco type shells, put them in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Make the burritos the same way you would make a taco, using the beans, rice, chicken, salsa, and any other toppings of your choosing.
Very easy...I made this as a quick meal during a snow storm. I think it would have been better with lettuce and sour cream but I couldn't get to the store. I doused mine in hot sauce but it still could have used more of a kick.
Used lefover chicken and rice. I just warmed the chicken in the microwave instead of warming it in the pan (a lot easier and less cleanup that way since they were already cooked). Could easily add lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, etc. to this depending on a person's taste. Made for PAC Fall 2008