Recipe by enigmused
A really, really amazing dish, and it's so easy to make. Everyone I've made this for has requested the recipe. Courtesy of Bon Appetit, via epicurious.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 tablespoon dry crushed red pepper (adjust this according to your taste, because it is pretty spicy as is)
- 1 1⁄4 lbs tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 32 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- fresh lemon juice
- cooked pasta noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 4 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, fennel and red pepper.
- Sauté until vegetables are tender, about.
- 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl. (Can be prepared 4 hours ahead. Cover and chill.).
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until just pink and opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Add vegetables and heat through.
- Stir in cheese.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve over pasta.