1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Pesto Cream
Great results for a stovetop dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta, cooked as directed al dente, drained (linguine, penne, etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- salt and cayenne
- 1 1/2 cups grated romano cheese
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced (plum)
- 8 -10 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Saute onion until tender and translucent.
- 3Stir in garlic and butter; saute until soft, about 1 minute.
- 4Dissolve flour in half-and-half, then stir into butter/garlic mixture.
- 5Season with salt and pepper; simmer 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 6Add cheese; stir until melted.
- 7Stir in pesto. Add shrimp, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 8Cook 4 minutes or until heated through.
- 9Toss with pasta and coat evenly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Pesto Cream
Serving Size: 1 (541 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1363.7
- Calories from Fat 633
- Total Fat 70.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.4 g
- Cholesterol 415.2 mg
- Sodium 1502.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 73.1 g