Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great results for a stovetop dish.
Make and share this Shrimp With Pesto Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (16 ounce) package pasta, cooked as directed al dente, drained (linguine, penne, etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- salt and cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated romano cheese
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 lb cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced (plum)
- 8 -10 mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion until tender and translucent.
- Stir in garlic and butter; saute until soft, about 1 minute.
- Dissolve flour in half-and-half, then stir into butter/garlic mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper; simmer 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir in pesto. Add shrimp, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Cook 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss with pasta and coat evenly.
Oh, but this is good! This is one of those things that could be described as "comfort food with a gourmet touch," as it's pleasantly indulgent with treats like shrimp and pesto. We used firm, dark Crimini mushrooms and they fit in beautifully. Made with pleasure for PRMR.
Restaurant quality for sure! I knew this would be tasty just by reading the ingredients but it was REALLY tasty. The sauce was delicious. I kept tasting just to make sure it was that good! I used 2 pounds of shrimp, but other than that, kept the recipe as is. Both my food-loving teenage DSs gobbled this down with yums and not much talking. That's always a good sign. Thanks so much for a fairly quick weeknight dinner as well as one I woould be proud to serve to company!
All I can say is WOW! I never would have thought this combintion of ingredients would meld together so well. I was hunting for a recipe to use with shrimp. My homemade summer pesto stocked in the freezer and off I went. I addedc a touch of white wine. Thanks for a fine Sunday supper.