Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Simply THAI Cooking. A quick weeknight favorite. Served with rice, makes a complete meal. You can sub sliced chicken for the shrimp if desired. (edit 4/27 to clarify pepper type)
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 fresh lime leaves, cut in quarters (or sub. 1 T. lime juice)
- 1 cup water, divided in half
- 10 ounces medium raw shrimp, without shells
- 1⁄2 onion, slivered
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat oil in work, add red curry paste and stir to dissolve (about 30 seconds). Add 1/2 cup water and lime leaves or juice. Stir cook about 1 more minute.
- Add shrimp, green beans,onion, and sugar, Cook 1 minute on high, stirring. Reduce heat to medium and add the rest of the water. Continue cooking until shrimp and done and beans are hot-crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer to serving dish and garnish with red pepper and cilantro.
This was so good and very easy. I didn't add the green beans because my family don't like them. I found that it needed, salt, a bit of garlic, so I added some. thank you for posting, in all a good recipe.