1/1 Photo of Shrimp With Feta over Couscous
Developed for RSC Summer 2005. Prep time includes cleaning shrimp, if you buy them already cleaned prep time is minimal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomato, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 large, fresh lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch, if desired
- 1/4 cup basil, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon oregano, minced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups couscous, prepared and hot
- 1Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium hear, when hot add onions and garlic. Saute until starting to brown.
- 2Add tomatoes, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest. Reduce until almost dry.
- 3Add chicken stock and simmer over medium-low heat to for 10 minutes to reduce sauce slightly.
- 4(repare couscous at this time, keep hot until ready to serve.).
- 5Stir shrimp into sauce, simmer just until prawns are cooked. If sauce is hinner than you like, thicken with cornstarch to achieve the desired consistency.
- 6Remove shrimp from heat, stir in capers, olives and herbs.
- 7Divide couscous onto 4 serving plates. Spoon shrimp and sauce on top of couscous. Sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Sat. Fat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Sat. Fat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Feta over Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 972.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 191.2 mg
- Sodium 645.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 147.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 50.3 g