- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine (or chicken stock)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice (1 large, fresh lemon)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (1 lemon)
- 1 lb large shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 10 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon cornstarch, if desired
- 1⁄4 cup basil, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon oregano, minced
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups couscous, prepared and hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium hear, when hot add onions and garlic. Saute until starting to brown.
- Add tomatoes, wine, lemon juice and lemon zest. Reduce until almost dry.
- Add chicken stock and simmer over medium-low heat to for 10 minutes to reduce sauce slightly.
- (repare couscous at this time, keep hot until ready to serve.).
- Stir shrimp into sauce, simmer just until prawns are cooked. If sauce is hinner than you like, thicken with cornstarch to achieve the desired consistency.
- Remove shrimp from heat, stir in capers, olives and herbs.
- Divide couscous onto 4 serving plates. Spoon shrimp and sauce on top of couscous. Sprinkle with feta. Serve immediately.