Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is such a quick and easy, but flavorful recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano (you may substitute 1/4 t dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 lbs shrimp, cleaned and precooked, do not overcook
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- lemon wedge
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion, garlic and green onions, saute until transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, 1/2 of the parsley, oregano, basil, mint, salt and pepper and simmer covered for about 30 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of the liquid and dissolve the flour in this liquid, return to saucepan and stir well until mixture thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 of the sauce mixture in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Layer the shrimp over the sauce, then cover with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle the dish with feta cheese and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 to 15 minutes or until feta is melted and lightly browned on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve immediately with plenty of lemons.