Recipe by dicentra
This is from one of my Food and Wine cookbooks. Serve this with a green salad and some pita or flat bread.
Top Review by Chef*Lee
Yumm yumm, great lunch!!!! I love a fresh, simple recipe like this for lunch!! I made it even more simple by using the new Gorton's grilled shrimp that comes frozen in a bag. I love grilled shrimp but I don't have a grill right now and this is just microwave and your done!! Love the flavors here with the fresh parsley and extra virgin olive oil. Thanks for posting, will make again!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
Directions See How It's Made
- Light the grill or heat the broiler. Thread the shrimp onto four skewers.
- In a shallow glass dish, combine ¼ cup of the oil with the garlic and ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Add the skewers and turn to coat the shrimp. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the onion with remaining oil and salt, parsley, sage, vinegar and pepper. Gently stir in the beans.
- Grill or broil the shrimp, turning once, until just done, about 5 minutes. Serve the shrimp with the bean salad.