Recipe by Abby Girl
A lovely, refreshing salad for those hot summer days you don't want to cook. Serve with a bagauette and that makes a complete supper! Citrus fruit can be substituted for the watermelon until it is in season and mint for the cilantro
Top Review by Ashley O.
This was lovely! I substituted the olive oil for the white cooking wine I cooked the shrimp in, and it still turned out great. This is the perfect blend. I will probably be eating this on a weekly basis!
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 4 cups watermelon, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, watermelon, onion, cilantro, jalapenos and avocados,.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavours to blend.