Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely, refreshing salad for those hot summer days you don't want to cook. Serve with a bagauette and that makes a complete supper! Citrus fruit can be substituted for the watermelon until it is in season and mint for the cilantro
- 1 lb shrimp, cooked
- 4 cups watermelon, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium sweet white onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt or 3⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine shrimp, watermelon, onion, cilantro, jalapenos and avocados,.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow flavours to blend.
This is indeed lovely and refreshing! Great for summer, and so quick and easy to make. The watermelon created a really nice dressing for the salad. I had this with some crusty bread that I baked in the oven with some shredded Gruyere cheese on top.