Hearty Vegetarian Pasta Salad
A family favourite for hot summer days. We love the avocado, tomato, cheese, peppers, and fresh herbs (when we can find them!).
- Ready In:
- 4 cups rotini pasta (tricolor or regular)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup white cheddar cheese, in small cubes
- 1 red pepper, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill, dried, to taste or 3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chili
- Cook pasta.
- Combine olive oil, salt and pepper, fresh herbs and chili peppers. Let stand.
- Peel and dice avocado (scoop out small pieces if it's too ripe to chop). Prepare tomato, cheese and peppers.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl, add dressing, and mix well to coat. Serve and enjoy!
- * For a more tangy dressing, add balsamic vinegar to the dressing mixture and blend.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Loved this recipe very much. I added the balsamic vinegar and felt it was still missing something. I had a bottle of lime basil vinegrette and added about 1/4 cup. I felt the citrus added the perfect touch. I also used grape tomatoes instead of a large tomato and used fresh sweet basil. This was just so good. I used red pepper flakes for the dried chili. Thanks for posting. I know I will make this many times.