Cucumber N Watermelon Salad a Summer Delight!!!!!!!
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 lime, juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, lots
- 1 tablespoon garlic chives, sliced
- 1 small jalapeno, minced fine
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herb (Pick and mix your favorites of cilantro, basil parsley, thyme)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeds removed and diced about 2 1/2 cups
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pickled ginger, optional but yummy
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a bowl. Toss in the salad ingredients.
- Chill 1 hour and then enjoy if you can wait the hour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
WOW this was delightful! Even though summer is over, it made a nice cool salad to accompany our soup tonight. I used fresh basil and included the pickled ginger. As Rita suggests, the addition of the ginger is oh so YUMMY! This salad is wonderfully cool with a touch of heat. We thoroughly enjoyed it. Loved the dressing!