Another Northwest summer delight: lavender and ....
- Ready In:
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender or 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lavender
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and 2_ cups water. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
- Add lavender, cover, and remove from heat; let stand at least 20 minutes or up to several hours. Strain and discard lavender.
- Pour lavender syrup into a pitcher. Add lemon juice and remaining 2_ cups water. Stir to combine.
- Serve over ice, garnished with fresh lavender flowers.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
What a lovely change for a glass of lemonade. Super simple to make too. I used Splenda for he sugar but otherwise it was made as directed with the dried lavender. I let the syrup steep for 2 hrs and thoroughly enjoyed the result with it's sweet-tart and essence of lavender flavor. Made for Pool Party Tag 5/10.
This is so delicious! I used fresh lavender and I probably let the sugar, water and lavender steep for about 3 hours, while making some other recipes. What an easy recipe this was for how many ooh's & aah's it got from my family. I can't wait to make it for our summer BBQs! Thanks for sharing, BarbryT! :D Made & enjoyed for Spring 2010 PAC-O.