Recipe by Batman's Chef
refreshing zesty tacos with the taste of fresh mango.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Delish! Love these shrimp tacos and will be making them often. The only changes I made was to double the sauce as I felt the coleslaw needed more of it and i added sliced avocado for the tacos. Served these tacos along with a shrimp cocktail. Delicious dinner tonight. Made for Spring PAC, May, 2014.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 2 limes, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, divided
- 3⁄4 lb medium shrimp, peeled, deveined and halved crosswise
- 1 (14 ounce) package coleslaw mix
- 1 mango, peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 12 hard taco shells
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. To make the dressing: Pulse the mayonnaise, chili sauce, lime juice, sugar, 1/4 C cilantro and 1 Tablespoon water in mini food processor until smooth.
- 2. Place raw shrimp in a bowl and toss with two tablespoons of the dressing, set aside.
- 3. Roughly chop the remaining 1/2 C Cilantro. Toss with the coleslaw mix, mango, red union and the remaining dress. Season with salt if desired.
- 4. Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring occassionally until opaque - about 3 minutes. Transfer shrimp to a plate.
- 5. Warm the taco shells as the label directs. Fill the shells with the shrimp and some slaw. Serve with lime wedges and chili sauce. Refridgerate any extra slow for up to 3 days.
- * We substituted Tostito Scoops for the taco shells and served cold. Put a little shrimp and slaw in each scoop.