Prep 25 mins
Cook 14 mins
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 16 large shrimp (shelled and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 bell peppers, one each of red,yellow and green,seeded and diced
- 6 large shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 1 small bok choy, trimmed of outer leaves and chopped
- 1 cup sliced canned water chestnut
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 4 scallions
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Heat the canola oil in a large wok or saute pan.
- When the pan is hot, add the shrimp and stir-fry over high heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until they just turn pink.
- Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, bok choy, and water chestnuts, and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the soy sauce and stock and continue cooking until the vegetables are tender and crisp.
- Stir in the scallions, ginger, pepper flakes, cilantro, lemon juice, and cooked shrimp, and stir-fry until all the liquid has evaporated and the vegetables are lightly glazed.
- Serve immediately.
I really appreciate the review. Excellent combination of ingredients. I would recommend dusting the shrimp beforehand with some garam marsala and perhaps cooking the vegetables in order according to texture so that you do not overcook the peppers and undercook the mushrooms. It was a fantastic meal!
We loved it!!lots of flavour and just the right amount of heat. I had to make it without the water chestnuts, didn't have any in and I used regular mushrooms and parsley instead of cilantro. Next time I will be sure to have all the proper ingredients, even so I can't imagine it would be any better than it was this time! Thanks for posting!