Easy and delicious. You may want to double the sauce. Feel free to use any vegetable combination you want. Original recipe from recipegoldmine with some minor changes to suit our taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 -2 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and peppers in oil until tender. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.