Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and delicious. You may want to double the sauce. Feel free to use any vegetable combination you want. Original recipe from recipegoldmine with some minor changes to suit our taste.
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 -2 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup light soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry broccoli and peppers in oil until tender. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy sauce until smooth.
- Add to skillet.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over rice.
This was bland. I followed others advice and reduced the orange juice, but other than that I followed the recipe as written. The sauce just didn't have enough flavor for me.
Excellent recipe! I doubled the recipe - but left the OJ at the original amount - used snow peas, diagonally sliced carrots, garlic, broccoli, sliced green onions,pepper flakes, didn't have a green pepper so I used red and orange which I had on hand - all ideas from reading the other reviews. I will definitely make again only I think I will only use 1/4 of orange juice or omit it all together. The entire family loved it, every plate was cleaned! Thanks for sharing!
This is a wonderful dish and would be equally good with pork. I used the broccoli as specified and threw in some julienne baby carrots. I used 1 cup of oj with 1/2 a fresh orange, placed remaining ingredients for the sauce in the Vita-Mix and blended well. Next time I will do the same except reduce the amount of juice to 1/2 cup and keep the fresh orange at 1/2. The vegetables, including carrots, were crisp tender in the time it took the shrimp to cook and sauce to thicken. Served this over a brown rice blend for a delicious and filling meal.