Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
very easy, filling soup
- 1 lb deveined medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups water
- 2 (3 ounce) packages shrimp flavor ramen noodle soup
- 16 ounces salsa
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen, then peel and devein shrimp. In a medium bowl combine lemon juice, chili powder, cumin and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Let shrimp stand for 20 minutes, stirring occassionaly.
- Meanwhile, bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Break noodles into bite-sized pieces. Stir 1 seasoning packet and the broken noodles in the water. Discard remaining seasoning packet. Return to boiling and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until shrimp turns pink. Stir in salsa, beans and corn and heat through.
- To serve, top each serving with cilantro if desired.