Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Shape November 2003.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup shelled fresh sugar snap peas (do not defrost if frozen) or 1 cup frozen sugar snap peas (do not defrost if frozen)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vermouth or 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute 2 minutes, until soft.
- Add shrimp and peas and saute 1 minute.
- Toss in oregano, salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Add vermouth or dry white wine and simmer 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve cornstarch into chicken broth until smooth; add mixture to skillet.
- Simmer 2 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce thickens and shrimp are bright pink and cooked through.
- Serve scampi over rice.
i made this for dinner tonight. dh and i found it to be good, but there's some room for improvement here! i think it would be much better with pasta than with brown rice. also, this recipe won't feed 4 adults for dinner. it barely fed the two of us! made for the bargain basement tag game.