Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an easy dish but elegant enough to serve to guests. A nice loaf of French bread and green salad would round out the meal.
- 1 lb uncooked penne pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 roasted red peppers, peeled,seeded,julienned
- 2 roasted yellow bell peppers, peeled,seeded,julienned
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄4 cup prepared pesto sauce
- 2 cups half-and-half cream or 2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, in a large sauté pan, cook shrimp in olive oil until they just turn pink.
- Add julienned peppers, garlic, pesto and heavy cream.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Transfer to very large shallow bowl.
- Add cooked, drained pasta and salt and pepper to taste and combine well.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese and serve.
It was truly quick and easy, and also delicious! :) We'll be using this one again!