Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
california pizza kitchen cookbook
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 ounces pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb basic pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 -2 roma tomato, sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- 6 kalamata olives, pitted, sliced into sixths
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, cut into strips
- 12 medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, cut in half lengthwise
- combine basil, olive oil, pine nuts and garlic in food processor with steel knife attachment; process at high speed; stop frequently to scrape down sides of bowl, till contents are well blended.
- transfer to small bowl and blend in cheese by hand.
- when thoroughly blended, cover closely with clear plastic wrap and set aside in refrigerator (allow to come to room temperature before assembling pizza).
- to make pizza:.
- preheat oven to 425.
- prepare dough.
- use the back of a spoon to spread pesto evenly over the surface of the prepared dough, within the rim.
- cover the pesto with all but 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- place tomato slices over the cheese, evenly spaced, about 1 inch apart.
- distribute sun dried tomato strips and olive slices over the tomatoes.
- sprinkle an additional 1/2 cup of cheese over the other ingredients. place shrimp halves, skin side up over the top of the pizza.
- transfer the pizza to the preheated oven; bake till crust is crisp and golden and cheese is bubbly in center, about 15 minutes.
- the shrimp should be opaque and cooked through.