BLT (Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato) Pizza
photo by Baz231
- Ready In:
- 1 plain large pizza crust (i.e. pizza base)
- 1 -2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (amount depending on taste)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled into pieces (use more if you like)
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced into 1/8 inch (3mm)
- 3 cups lettuce, rocket (or romaine)
- 4 tablespoons tzatziki (or mayonnaise, if you don't have tzatziki)
- Brush olive oil over the pizza base.
- Spread 3/4 of the mozzarella over the oiled surface.
- Distribute bacon pieces over the cheese.
- Place enough tomato slices over the bacon to cover the pizza in one single layer.
- Spread another layer of mozzarella over the tomatoes.
- Transfer to the preheated Pizza Maker machine (or to a very hot oven) and cook until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the centre is bubbling (8 to 10 minutes).
- While pizza is cooking mix the tzatziki or mayonnaise (as much as you'd like) with the lettuce.
- When the pizza is ready, remove, cut into pieces and add the dressed lettuce to each piece. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!