Recipe by MichaelaRosenthal
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: A lucious quiche studded with potatoes and shrimp --
Top Review by Lorac
This came out dry. Neither of us cared for the potatoes in this. I made the recipe as directed except for adding an extra egg. In spite of this the dish was not eggy enough. Didn't really tase like a quiche.
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, sliced thin (green onions)
- 2 tablespoons diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, halved
- 1⁄4 cup ripe green olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees f.
- Line pie shell with weights and pre-bake pie shell for 10 minutes; remove from oven (remove weights) and turn oven down to 375 degrees f.
- Fry bacon and red pepper in a skillet (medium heat) for 3 minutes; drain excess fat and stir in green onion and sun-dried tomatoes; cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with the cream, mustard and white pepper until just incorporated.
- Stir in bacon-red pepper mixture, Simply Potatoes with onions, shrimp, green olives, lemon zest and parsley. Transfer mixture to the pre-baked pie shell and return to oven. Bake an additional 40 minutes until set.