1/1 Photo of Shrimp Lo Mein
To Make-Ahead: Prepare vegetables; cover and chill up to 4 hours before cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb medium shrimp, fresh (peeled and deveined) or 1 lb frozen shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (may sub 1/2 sesame oil)
- 1 garlic clove, minced (optional)
- 2 stalks celery, thinly bias-sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups fresh pea pods, strings removed (optional) or 2 cups one 6-ounce package frozen pea pods, thawed (optional)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces dried Chinese egg noodles, spaghetti or 4 ounces linguine, cooked and drained
- 2 green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
- chopped cilantro, optional garnish
- 1Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Set aside.
- 2For sauce, in a small bowl stir together water, soy sauce, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- 3Pour cooking oil into a wok or 12-inch skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.) Preheat wok over medium-high heat. Stir-fry garlic, celery and chopped onion in hot oil for 2 minutes. Add cabbage, fresh pea pods (if using), and carrot; stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes more or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from the wok.
- 4Add half of the shrimp to the hot wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until shrimp turn opaque. Remove shrimp from the wok. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Return all shrimp to the wok. Push shrimp from the center of the wok.
- 5Stir prepared sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return cooked vegetables to the wok. Add hot cooked noodles or pasta, green onions and thawed frozen pea pods (if using). Toss all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 167.1 mg
- Sodium 1439.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 22.1 g