Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
from the blog "Closet Cooking" - http://closetcooking.blogspot.com/2010/01/shrimp-linguine-in-tomato-and-white.html
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the onion and saute until tender, about 6-10 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce just starts to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as directed.
- Season the tomato sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the shrimp to the tomato sauce and simmer until cooked, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove the tomato sauce from the heat and mix in the parsley and basil.
- Drain the pasta, toss in the tomato sauce and serve garnished with feta.
Super simple--great week night recipe. I did a few things differently though.
First, and highly recommended, I cooked down the shrimp shells. With about 3 cups water, I boiled shrimp shells with a little salt for about 35-40 minutes. This made about 2 cups of shrimp "stock". Second I diced one medium fresh tomato just because I had it and used one 14oz can of diced tomatoes. I wanted enough sauce for a whole box of linguine so I added all the shrimp stock. It seemed a bit thin so I added 2 tbs of butter but I'm not sure this was necessary. I didn't use fresh herbs because I didn't have them. Once it was all together in the pan, I let it reduce for about 20 mins. I then added the shrimp to cook for about 5 mins and tossed the whole batch of pasta and sauce. SO simple and yummy!