Top Review by bama jr.
Thank you so much. This is the first time I have attempted to make shrimp alfredo sauce. The taste was exactly what I was aiming for. I doubled the recipe and used margarine,and I had to mix cream and milk to get half and half. Also, I realized the sauce was not going to thicken so I added a slurry of corn starch and cold water. It thickened almost immediately but I let it simmer for a few more minutes. I know it sounds I tweaked a bit too much, but I will make as you directed next time when I have all called for ingredients. This sauce was so flavorful that I didn't even have to use the parmesan cheese. A real keeper! Thank you again
- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 4 tablespoons diced onions
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 40 small shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley
- 4 slices lemons, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp; saute over high heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Place pasta in a serving dish, and cover with shrimp sauce.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.