Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Saute onion and garlic over medium heat until tender.
- Add shrimp; saute over high heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in half-and-half.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens.
- Place pasta in a serving dish, and cover with shrimp sauce.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon slices.
Thank you so much. This is the first time I have attempted to make shrimp alfredo sauce. The taste was exactly what I was aiming for. I doubled the recipe and used margarine,and I had to mix cream and milk to get half and half. Also, I realized the sauce was not going to thicken so I added a slurry of corn starch and cold water. It thickened almost immediately but I let it simmer for a few more minutes. I know it sounds I tweaked a bit too much, but I will make as you directed next time when I have all called for ingredients. This sauce was so flavorful that I didn't even have to use the parmesan cheese. A real keeper! Thank you again
Automatic 5 star. My DD LOVED this. She ate all of the leftovers by herself and she is only 3. Very simple to prepare. I made as stated except I added 1 T of flour to help the sauce thicken up. Will make this one again.
This is a yummy, garlicky shrimp and pasta dish. The only change I made was that I added the parmesan cheese to the sauce, because the sauce does not get thick at all without it. Basically the only reason that it did not get a "5" is that the sauce needed to be a lot thicker, and there needed to be more of it. I ended up almost doubling the sauce (with the cheese mixed in). A+ for flavor, though. Thanx for posting this. With my own variations that I mentioned, I will make this again!