Recipe by Daniele1969
I found this recipe a bunch of years ago, so I really don't remember where I found it. I have, as is my nature, changed it a little. I think the only hard part of this recipe is "skinning" the tomatoes. I usually end up using a potato peeler to remove the skins.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes (Roma)
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 lb linguine
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop the tomatoes in one at a time. Let them sit in water 30 seconds. This should let the skins peel right off.
- Once all the tomatoes are skinned, de-seed them and chop up finely.
- Now use the boiling water for the pasta. Follow the box directions for the pasta.
- Now in a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over med-hi heat and saute the garlic for 15-20 seconds. Just enough to release the flavor.
- Then add the tomatoes and saute for 5 mins to make the tomatoes break down.
- Now add the wine if you're going to use it. Stir constantly until the wine evaporates and the tomatoes resemble mush.
- Now add the cream and shrimp, turn the heat down to med and continue stirring until thickened and shrimp have cooked through - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.