Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe a bunch of years ago, so I really don't remember where I found it. I have, as is my nature, changed it a little. I think the only hard part of this recipe is "skinning" the tomatoes. I usually end up using a potato peeler to remove the skins.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lbs plum tomatoes (Roma)
- 1 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 lb linguine
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and drop the tomatoes in one at a time. Let them sit in water 30 seconds. This should let the skins peel right off.
- Once all the tomatoes are skinned, de-seed them and chop up finely.
- Now use the boiling water for the pasta. Follow the box directions for the pasta.
- Now in a large sauce pan, heat the olive oil over med-hi heat and saute the garlic for 15-20 seconds. Just enough to release the flavor.
- Then add the tomatoes and saute for 5 mins to make the tomatoes break down.
- Now add the wine if you're going to use it. Stir constantly until the wine evaporates and the tomatoes resemble mush.
- Now add the cream and shrimp, turn the heat down to med and continue stirring until thickened and shrimp have cooked through - about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
Fine it is missing something, Can't put my finger on it. It's fast to make "But" Good thing take time
Just wanted to let you know that if you but an x in the bottom of the tomato before putting them in the boiling water they will peel easier.