Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a special treat for 2 with some fresh bread, a salad and a bottle of wine.Wow!
Make and share this Shrimp Florentine recipe from Food.com.
- Drain spinach; press in sieve and chop it.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter, add garlic; sauté spinach until dry.
- Season and spread in bottom of a casserole.
- Spread 2/3 shrimps on top.
- Make Béchamel sauce.
- Microwave milk (infused with bay leaf,onion, peppercorn and nutmeg).
- Drain milk.
- Combine 3 Tbsp butter and flour; add milk slowly whisking.
- Microwave 3 minutes stirring twice.
- Pour Bechamel sauce over the shrimps.
- Bake 350*- 20 minutes.
- Melt remaining butter and saute rest of shrimps.
- Arrange around the edge of casserole.
- Cover with cheese and place under broiler 4-5 minutes.
very nice and simple dish, yet looks like alot more work than it really is. i had to add some garlic to the spinach, but that's my palate- 5 stars!
This was good; it turned out a little juicier than I would have liked. It seemed as though it needed something else on top, maybe some bread crumbs. I would make this again but modify a little I think.
We really enjoyed this dish. Like Chia I also added garlic. Served this with a tomato salad, crusty bread and of course the wine like you suggested!