Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
this is nice served over white rice, pass the hot sauce on the side
- 4 ounces butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- salt, pepper,cayenne to taste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled &,deveined
- 3 chopped scallions
- melt butter, add flour and make a roux-cook until light brown.
- add onions, pepper, celery, salt pepper& cayenne, saute until vegetables soften add garlic, water, spices and lower heat to medium.
- add tomatoes, wine, parsley and thyme.
- reduce to simmer, until thickening.
- add shrimp, cook 3-4 minutes until they turn pink.
- add scallions, remove from heat.
Love it, love it, love it! Thanks so much for posting this one.
panNan, the gravy is supposed to be very thick. translated it means "smothered". glad you liked the taste
Chia, this had very good flavor. We found we wanted a bit more "gravy" for 2 lbs of shrimp. It was a little thick, so we added some more water, but we still didn't have enough gravy for our taste. I will double that part of the recipe next time. Thanks for sharing this one.