Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 3 French rolls, split lengthwise and toasted
- Saute green onions and garlic in butter until onions are tender.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, salt, and pepper; cook over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in dillweed and parsley.
- Spoon shrimp mixture over toasted rolls, serve immediately.
Made this over the weekend. We were in the mood for something different. My family and I really enjoyed this. Reminded me of a shrimp po-boy, only open-faced. It was easy, delicious and we will have this again. Thank-you for a great recipe.
I have had this before while visiting Destin, FL. So I was tickled to see it posted here. Made this over the week-end. The shrimp tasted wonderful sauteed in the white wine/butter mixture. I love dill so that was a definite plus. This was very easy to prepare and the family gave it 5-stars. Thanks Nurse Di for another winner.
Delicious, ratherbe! Well done. I made more sauce than called for to have something to mop up.