- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- oil (for deep frying)
- Preheat oil to 350 degrees.
- Combine 1/2 cup oil and egg; beat well.
- Add remaining ingredients except oil for frying and stir until well blended.
- Dip shrimp into batter to coat.
- Drop shrimp into hot oil and fry for 30-60 seconds or until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towel.
- Add a 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder to batter to make a much lighter crust, or use beer instead of milk for a barley flavor.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 45 more