1/2 Photos of Shrimp Creole over Rice
Souper-Easy Meals! Woman's World 5/9/00. This gets its rich sauciness from a can of condensed tomato soup that keeps it skinny (just 21% of calories from fat!) without sacrificing flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole baby okra, sliced and thawed
- 1 onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushded red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 2/3 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1Cook rice according to package directions; set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet melt 1 T. butter over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook, turning once, until pink and opaque, 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet: set aside.
- 3In same skillet melt remaining 1 T. butter over medium-high heat. Add okra, onion, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper flakes and bay leaf; cook until vegetables are softened, about 6 minutes. Stir in tomatoes with juice, soup and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer until flavors blend, about 8 minutes.
- 4Stir in reserved shrimp; heat through, 1 minute. Remove and discard bay leaf; serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Creole Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Creole Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Creole over Rice
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.7
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 188.0 mg
- Sodium 1148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 30.1 g