Recipe by JustJanS
Russell created this from leftovers last night. It was really good, and a nice light sauce for a warmish night.
Top Review by Ginny Sue
I love chorizo and I love shrimp, but never thought of putting the two of them together in one dish. This was so good, just the right mix of flavors. I served this over linguine.
- 1 chorizo sausage (about 100g)
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 250 g raw large peeled shrimp
- 1 (440 g) jar marinated artichokes, drained and quartered-reserve a little of the oil
- 1 (440 g) canchopped peeled tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel, and halve the chorizo sausage lengthways.
- Cut it into 1/2cm half moon discs.
- Place these in a large pan over medium to high heat, and cook until the fat has started to run, and the sausage is browned.
- Reduce the heat and add the onion and garlic; cook a further 5 minutes until the onion and garlic are softened.
- Add a little of the reserved oil if you need to at this stage.
- Add the shrimp and cook for a further 3 minutes, or until they are pink and just cooked through.
- Add the canned tomatoes, and bring to the boil, cook for a couple of minutes more.
- Stir through the pepper and parsley and serve.
- We ate this over angel hair pasta.
- *weactually make our own marinated artichokes-buying the cheaper tinned ones, and marinating them in olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon juice and zest and freshly ground black pepper.